Marlu Guest Farm Stay lies in the middle of the scenic Groot River Mountains in the malaria-free Karoo region of South Africa's Eastern Cape. The Groot River runs right through the farm.
Marlu Farm Stays provides a variety of accommodation options and activities. You can opt for bed and breakfast, self-catering or camping, according to your preference.
Conveniently located halfway between Steytlerville and Willowmore, only 7 km off the R329 (with easy access for sedan cars), and roughly equidistant from Port Elizabeth, Jeffreys Bay, Knysna, Oudtshoorn, Beaufort West and Graaff-Reinet, it is an ideal base from which to explore the attractions of the Baviaans region of the Karoo.
The area is crime-free and the roads are safe.
Our neat & practical facilities offer - a quality farm stay experience @ affordable rates.
Karoo Farm Camping
Bring your tent and camp on the banks of the Grootrivier, in the veld or in the mountains. Get away from people and get back to nature.
Ablution facilities provide running water, a flush toilet, hot water shower (donkey system), and enclosed kitchen area with scullery and work surface where a stove can be placed as well as food stored etc.
Situated on the river bank the shady, quiet, peaceful campsite provides excellent bird watching opportunities with kudu and other game as well as farm animals visiting to graze and drink water at the river.
Fishing and swimming in the river are possible and, depending on the water level, also canoeing.
The campsite is the ideal base from where to explore the farm by mountain bike, on foot, 4x4 or 4x2.
Marlu Farm Stays offers a number of activities to suit a variety of tastes:
- Nature - for those who want to get away from it all
- Four 4x4 trails with different difficulty levels and distances as well as 4x2 and mountain biking trails
- Farm activities
- Hunting and game viewing - father and son weekends.
- Team building for businesses and schools.
Located halfway between Steytlerville and Willowmore, only 7 km off the R329 (with easy access for sedan cars)
Policies & disclaimers
At the Bush Camp only one reservation is accepted at a time irrespective of the group size (1st come 1st served)
There are no reviews for this property yet.
Some features of this website need to store information about your visit. This is used only to provide service to you, is never shared with anyone else and is deleted when no longer needed.
You have not yet told us if we can collect Personally Identifiable Information about you
You must consent to us storing this data for you to be able to make bookings on this site. Regardless of whether or not you consent to your data being stored, we will store a cookie on your computer to tell us whether or not you have opted in. This helps us to ensure that we do not constantly ask you whether or not you want to opt in or out and it does not contain any Personally Identifiable Information (PII). If you change your mind you can visit the "App permissions" page at any time to opt in or out.
The information is stored for different time periods depending on the nature of your visit. So, if you are just looking around we will store approximate geographical location (country level) information. If you perform searches, then to make search forms more user friendly we will store the last things you searched on. This information is typically stored for a maximum of 24 hours and is only used to make your visit more pleasant.
When you make a booking with us, by necessity more information is stored.
- The technicalites of the booking form are captured and retained for a maximum of 60 days. This is required so that On Request bookings can be turned into full bookings once a booking is approved, and for analysis by our teams in case there is an issue with a booking. If you were not logged in when you made a booking then we will email you a username and password so that you can view your booking history and exercise your Right To Be Forgotten (RTBF) if you wish to do that.
- Data entered into the booking form, for example name, email address, real address is stored for a maximum of 365 days after the booking's departure date. This information is stored in encrypted form in our database so that only authorised people can view it. If you make a booking then by law we must store your PII whilst the booking is valid. Once the booking has completed, either because it has been cancelled or you have been checked out, then you will be able to exercise your RTBF by logging in and visiting the "Your data" page. Invoice information for completed bookings will still be securely stored in our database to ensure that we abide by relevant tax laws but you will be able to remove all other PII after the booking is completed.
- When you consent to your information being stored as described above, we are legally obliged to store this consent in our database. This information will include your IP number and the content of the opt-in form. We will retain this consent notification indefinately (this is a legal requirement).
|Tariff name||Resource/property type||Min people||Max people||Valid from||Valid til||Minimum days||Maximum days|
|Tariff||Tent pitch 1 person||1||10||July 3, 2019||July 3, 2029||R300.00 Per person per night||1||365|
Properties nearby Karoo Farm Camping within 50 km
No other properties nearby.